From choosing the best tutor to scheduling study at your convenience at your fingertips, technology has changed the way of learning in the last 5 years. With students, kids, professionals seeking new learning, and specialists all over the world opting to go online to share and gain knowledge, Educational Apps Development is high in demand.
As per Valuates Reports – The Global Educational technology market is expected to grow by over 605.40 Billion U.S. Dollars by 2027, which means your Education App will be growing at 15% during 2022-27.
Now the question comes, is your educational app capable enough to grow this fast and beat the competitors? If not, then look at the critical features you should have in your app.
1. High-quality Content: A well-researched content will engage more students, and make sure that existing students are interested. Planning content in a way that is understandable and worth reading will eventually increase the downloads of your app several times.
2. Video Content: It is scientifically proven that students retain maximum knowledge when it is learned through listening and watching as compared to reading. By including this feature students can access pre-recorded lectures, which are face-to-face sessions with teachers as compared to classrooms.
3. Live Interactive sessions: Live interactive sessions help students directly engage with tutors to ask their doubts and get an explanation with examples. This feature gives students a classroom experience. Apart from this, you can also include a query tab, when there isn’t a live session and students can post their doubts
4. Gamification: Students are always attracted to games, especially kids. It is observed that they learn more through fun and game experiments. Gamification creates a positive competitive environment to achieve more, rewarding students with digital rewards for scoring a high percentage increases engagement with the application. This feature will attract more students and enhance their user experience.
5. Multi-Language: Providing content in only one language will limit your target audience and the diversification of the app. Therefore, it is advised to provide content in multiple languages to broaden the user base and increase the profit.
6. Syllabus: Most of the time students are not aware of the syllabus of their subject. Doing proper research and including the syllabus on educational apps will stop students from going on another platform searching for it, and eventually, they’ll let the word out to the public that this app is the best in the market. Apart from this, including a statistic that tells how much of the syllabus a student has covered, and how much time it will take to cover the rest will help them to create a study plan.
7. Personalized Experience: The targeted audience for your educational application has users from all age groups, hence the choices of all of them are different. Letting them decide how they want to customize UI – will engage users and establish a connection with mobile applications.
8. Testing knowledge & Tracking progress: This is a basic approach of all educational institutions, including this feature, will help you to keep the interest of students alive. Giving mock tests will help students to analyze themselves better, which will eventually benefit them to plan a strategy to improve their scores. So make sure the test and track progress feature is available on your mobile app.
9. Screen sharing and Recording: With technology changing now and then relevant information must be regularly updated. And to smooth communication between the tutor and students, screen-sharing & recording facilities will give you an edge. Screen sharing will help students to share their doubts in the live sessions, and recording live sessions will help them to do revisions.
10. User-friendly Interface: A well-designed UI includes attractive design, easy navigation, and a user-friendly interface that speaks with the audience. While creating UI think about students, because any educational application is created for students, and adding offline features to it will help you to eliminate the competition.
11. Pop-up Messages: Opening an educational app to check Upcoming lectures, Test results, New materials, or app updates can be a tiring process. But the push notifications feature will help them know when to open the application even when they are not on their phone. It helps to enhance the e-learning process for students in a non-intrusive way to keep all of them engaged and updated about the latest information.
12. Social Media Integration: Linking educational apps with social media accounts will increase brand reach and awareness. Students can share their experiences and achievements on social media, which will help your educational apps to directly engage with existing and new users.
13. Offline Feature: Having a strong Internet connection is still a dream of people living in mountains and villages, and it becomes difficult to attend live sessions. But adding an offline feature will be a game changer, it will attract more students which will eventually increase the number of downloads. With this feature, students can download lectures to watch whenever and n number of times.
Educational apps have changed the way of learning in the past decades, and with every new competition in the market, it is growing, progressively. Now learners have options to choose from, you should create an app that includes the above App features to motivate learners to download the application.
(Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Zapbuild)
Are you looking for a technology partner to turn your business idea into a successful solution? Get free consultation from top IT experts – write to us at email@example.com or call us at +1 (779) 256-7779 or +91-80471-16600.GET IN TOUCH NOW
You can receive more such insights, ideas, and solution recommendations from our IT experts – directly in your email, absolutely free – by subscribing to our blog.SUBSCRIBE NOW
Take the first step towards the digital transformation of your Transportation & Logistics business.
Connect with Zapbuild’s Technology Experts today.
Zapbuild 24x7 Support