Step by step instructions on installing and configuring Mantis on your system:
- Download latest version of mantis from http://www.mantisbt.org/download.php.
- The first thing to do is to unzip the downloaded file, keeping the directory structure intact.
- The next step is to move that Mantis root directory to “c:inetpubwwwrootmantis” (assuming that the root directory of your http server is “c:inetpubwwwroot”).
- The last thing to do to make sure that you have a minimal installation working is to copy the file mantis/root/mantis/config_inc.php.sample to mantis/root/mantis/config_inc.php
First Mantis Test
- Point your browser to http://localhost/mantis/admin/check.php or http://localhost/mantis/root/mantis/admin/check.php
- You should get a diagnostics page that shows colored boxes, with all of them green, except for the first one. You should have red ( BAD ) for “Opening connection to database [bugtracker] on host [localhost] with username [mantisdbuser]”
- Download and open mantis/root/mantis/config_inc.php and make required changes to it, that is
$g_hostname = “localhost”;
$g_db_username = “root”;
$g_db_password = “”;
$g_database_name = “bugtracker”;
$g_db_type = “mysql”;
Once the changes have been made, upload it to the server and test http://localhost /mantis/root/mantis/admin/check.php. All boxes should appear GREEN now.
- Next step is to create database (bugtracker) tables and to test the database. url – http://localhost/mantis/root/mantis/admin/install.php