We often get the following message after configuring the TFS 2010 Build Service.
The agent status has been automatically changed by the
Reason: There was no endpoint listening at…http:///Build/v3.0/services/Controller that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.
Cause: This is caused because of Team Foundation Serverâ€™s hostname is not resolved sometimes, or your machine cannot connect to TFS.
Follow the below simple steps
- Delete all agents defined from the machine by going to Team Foundation Server Console.
- Delete all Build Controllers from the machine.
- Unregister the Build Service.
- Restart the machine. This is required; TFS services Port 9191 will be reset.
- Register the service again, Add the TFS URL http://abc:port/tfs
- Select the Collection and connect to TFS
- Create the Build Controller; make sure to enter the IP address of the machine where you want to run the Build.
- Now click “Test Connection”. This will bring your Controller status to Ready.
- Create the Agent and associate with the same Controller created at point 8.
This resolves the problem.